If you are Googling the term “I lost the title to my vehicle”, you have come to right place! A vehicle title is the only proof one has that they legally own a vehicle. It is an important document! We understand that you need to replace it as soon as possible, and that is why we provide a quick and painless way for you to do so with out duplicate title services.
What You Need to Know About Getting a Duplicate Title
Before coming in to get your duplicate title the following offers some useful information that will help the process go smoothly.
Only certain people will qualify to get a duplicate title for a vehicle. A person must be one of the following to get a new title:
- Last registered owner of vehicle
- Someone with power of attorney over the last registered owner of the vehicle
- A curator for the last registered owner if he/she is incapable of handling this transaction
- A bankruptcy trustee
- Lien holder for the vehicle (must be recorded)
- A representative of a corporation connected to the vehicle
Make sure when you come in to get the duplicate title you bring in a copy of your Louisiana registration certificate if you have it. When the proper paper work has been submitted by the right person, we can get the job done quickly.
If you have any questions regarding getting a duplicate title or any of our other notary services, please feel free to call us or contact us via the contact form below.